UPDATE: this contest is now closed, and the winner was Samantha McEnhill, who was the first person to submit all five correct answers!
For all you Nutcracker nuts, here are the correct answers:
- SF Ballet presented the American premiere of Nutcracker on Christmas Eve, 1944. In what year did Nutcracker make its European premiere at the Mariinksky Theatre in St. Petersburg?
- What is Clara’s last name?
- What is Clara’s brother’s name?
- In Act II of Nutcracker, the Spanish Dance is inspired by what type of sweet candy?
- Tchaikovsky’s famous ‘Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy’ socre features the sounds of a unique instrument similar to a piano. What is that instrument called?
Thank you so much to everyone who entered: stay tuned for our next Nutcracker Holiday Challenge contest on Monday, November 26, 2012!
Win two V.I.P tickets to our iconic production of Nutcracker at 7pm on December 26, 2012! Be the first person to send us all five correct answers to this Nutcracker quiz via our comment box, being sure to leave us your name and email address, and you could be joining us in the Winners’ Box for an unforgettable holiday experience.
We’ll be announcing the winner on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 so hurry—but if you don’t win this time, remember you’ve got three more chances to win with our Nutcracker Holiday Challenge contests…
One entry per person: Full contest terms and conditions on our website